Friday, September 28, 2012

DONT LOOK AT THIS RUBY IM SUPER SORRY K?!?!?!

Uh, we can post the assignment here, correct? I REALLY do not want to post other people's work on my blog ( I feel really uncomfortable doing that.)

I choose to talk about my best friends art, because really, I LOVE her stuff, and even though she is younger then me, I thrive to get to her level! I plan to just pick out 3 of the newer works she has done. I actually keep a folder of her work on my computer with everything she has done for the past 4 years or so (which is why i said ill pick more recent works!)

Picture 1
What I really love about this picture is she uses a lot of bright colors. Its just a simple drawing, showing what items are in her character's bag, but everything from the style to the outfit and items themselves, it just fits very well together. Now, I guess an issue that can be scene with this drawing is that it is kind of simple (You know, no dynamic poses, or backgrounds.), but i don't think this image really needs that type of stuff. I think, if it didn't have everything on the right there, then it would look really nice with a background and setting though.

Picture 2
This picture probably works better on here then the first one, as it has a background/setting and a bit more going on all together. I really love the details she added to this picture, especially in the smaller areas (Such as the lite up posters on the side and the stairs and elevator in the back.) The perspective of this looks really neat as well, I think it must have been hard to do, even with a photo as a reference (Though I don't think she used a reference, but if she did i doubt it was exactly like this.) The only thing I think she really could have worked on is the line work. While I do love her style and sketching look to her pictures, some of the lines are really just lopsided for my taste (the pillars are an example.)

Picture 3
This picture is one of my favorite styles she draws in. She uses a photo that she has taken, draws over it, then retakes the picture with her camera on her computer, making everything blend well together. I actually have a post card she did of one of these pictures, it really fits well with card themes I think. I love that she uses simplistic cartoon characters as well, instead of  overly detailed characters. The photos she uses are very empty, as in they have no people or over clustered items, but yet they fill in her picture a lot! Its really just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment